Letter to a Blood Sucking Car Dealer
Dear Ms. Wilcox,
I am contacting you regarding my recent service experience with my 2001 Chevy Impala.
In the Spring of 2002 I had my air conditioning repaired. I was told that road debris had punctured the condenser and that the $500 repair would not be covered under warranty. Experienced mechanics at my place of employment informed me that there was no way that road debris could travel from the road to the condenser and cause this problem. Bxb Bxll was inflexible would not re-consider these charges.
Last week I had Bxb Bxll look at my steering column. I was told that it was making loud crunching noises because the original lubricant had worn out and needed to be replaced with a special lubricant. I was further advised that the car was out of warranty at 41000 miles and that although this is a common problem it is not a recall “yet”. I was told that if it did become a recall item I would not receive a refund for the repair.
At the same time I asked Bxb Bxll to investigate my non-working cigarette lighter. At that time I told them the problem was not a blown fuse. Bxb Bxll confirmed that it was not a blown fuse and that the console would have to be removed to ascertain the problem. For this I was charged and additional $32.00 “diagnostic fee”!
I feel that the service department at Bxb Bxll endeavors to “stick it” to the customer whenever possible. Whenever possible they choose to interpret the facts in favor of Bxb Bxll and General Motors in an effort to get more of the customer’s money. Their response to my objections has always been to explain how Bxb Bxll is right and I am wrong.
Aside from the time, expense and inconvenience I have experienced with my year old Chevrolet, I feel Bxb Bxll has exhibited customer exploitation over customer service in the worst tradition of the auto industry.
Sincerely,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home